The Process & Short Form
Getting Started at The Puzzle Place:
- Initial Intake: Our services begin with an intake with a member of our administrative team. This is a time where we discuss primary areas of concern, and determine if The Puzzle Place can meet your child’s needs. During this process, our team will determine eligibility for services and navigate the insurance process for you. You will be asked to fill out an application, provide proof of medical diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, provide a prescription for ABA services, and provide proof of insurance.
- Assessment: The next step is to assess your child’s skill level which is necessary to guide the development of an individualized treatment plan. The assessment is conducted by a BCBA, a Board Certified Behavior Analyst and covers the primary domains of functioning: Communication/Language, Fine and Gross Motor Skills, Cognitive Skills, Social/Emotional Skills and Self Help Skills. The assessor will interview the parents and then use our unique Assessment Package, which includes a couple of research based assessments, including the VB-MAPP (Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment and Placement Program), ABLLS-R (Assessment of Basic Learning and Language Skills- Revised), ESDM (Early Start Denver Model), as well as an FBA (Functional Behavior Analysis) as needed.
- Treatment Plan: Once the assessment has been conducted, the BCBA will evaluate the data collected to inform the development of a treatment package. The BCBA will comprise an extensive report of the assessment findings as well as a specific treatment plan and behavior intervention plan (if necessary), including making recommendations for the number of service hours. The targeted skills are then entered into our Treatment Portal in Catalyst, where each and every targeted skill is clearly written out so data can be accurately inserted and analyzed.
The Puzzle Place is dedicated to treating the whole child. This means that each child’s treatment plan will be compromised of various components, such as:
- Direct ABA hours with a Registered Behavior Technician
- BCBA supervision and data analysis on a daily basis
- Weekly Parent Training with a BCBA
- Social Skills Group with a Registered Behavior Technician
- Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy as needed
- Coordination of Care
- Scheduling: Once the treatment plan in in place, The Puzzle Place will find a Registered Behavior Technician to fit your child’s temperament and personality. Using WebABA software, our treatment team is constantly updating each other so that no time is ever wasted in broken telephone. With his own qualified RBT and a schedule in place, your child is ready to begin his journey to growth at The Puzzle Place Center for Autism!
Short Application Form
Forms to Download
3425 US 9 North
Freehold, NJ 07728
Centrally Located in Freehold, Serving
Monmouth, Middlesex, Mercer, Somerset, Northern Burlington and Northern Ocean Counties
The Puzzle Place
A Playful Approach to Serious Therapy